Optimize your HMI, Improve Alarm Management
Strategies, Provide Dynamic Simulators for Recurrent Training, Automate
Repetitive Procedures, and Meet the Daily Challenge of Change Management to give
your Operator an advanced tool set!
Barry D. Payne & Associates, Inc. provides
application services from traditional configuration to advanced strategies that
bring out the best in your control system!
Enhanced Graphics and HMI Strategies
- Standardize subpicture library for
- Utilize layers of detail and specific color
selection to improve visibility of critical information.
- Utilize custom change zones and targets to
improve user friendliness of graphic displays.
- Enhance Operator recognition with
standardized use of reserved colors for alarm management and status.
- Use custom trends in graphics for historical
Automated Procedures and Logic
- Implement logic blocks for operational
- Utilize control programs to automate
repetitive procedures, and to standardize strategies.
- Combine graphics with point configuration
and control programs to automate step changes in continuous operations, or
recipe changes between campaigns.
- Utilize graphics and control programs to
trigger on-line help in response to equipment state changes.
Dynamic Training Simulators
- Simulate any part of the process plant
controls and associated safety system logic or interlocks.
- Utilizes material and energy balances based
on theoretical and empirical algorithms.
- Include instrument failure modes, process
equipment failure modes, and pre-defined scenarios for training.
- Controlled by an Instructor at a separate
- The simulation can run in real-time mode or
in speed-up mode, as selected by the Instructor.
- Provides Operator Certification
Alarm Management Strategies
- Utilize control programs to maintain
critical alarm settings, and control manual bypass occurrences.
- Prioritize and classify alarms, and inhibit
reporting of nuisance alarms to improve critical alarm recognition.
- Utilize control programs to manage alarm
status for backup or out-of-service process equipment.
- Combine graphics with control programs to
allow Operator programmable target-alarms to manage batching tasks.
- Provide first-out and sequence-of-events
Traditional Services for Project Implementation and
Management of Change
- Point Building
- History Configuration
- Control Logic Programs
- Gateway Interfaces
- Complex Loop Configuration
- Free Format Logs
- Network Configuration Changes
- System Administration
- Graphic Displays
- Trend Displays
- Group Building
- System Documentation
Control System Performance Strategies
Application and System Expertise to handle your most
demanding control needs.
Optimize Your Control System Performance
- Install ON TARGET Solutions Today!